Let me tell you about my scrapping background. I first discovered my creative talents when I was in grade school. My mom would always help me with projects that I had due in class. She taught me how to think outside of the box and look at how things can be used in ways other than their first impression. I was soon crafting projects on my own and using my own vision to put on all of the special touches. As I entered Jr. High, I realized that I liked to draw and sculpt using many different mediums. When lead me to wood shop and art class. My mom and I would take card making classes and go to the occasional Making Memories home show. Sports was always a big part of my life and I never really took the time to focus on my creative abilities. I was more focused on getting my track scholarship...even in Jr. High! While in High School I took pottery classes and started making scrapbook pages for my own album. On my sports teams we would do things for "team building" and I began making small projects to give as inspirational gifts. I LOVED crafting, I just never took the time to allow my ability to shine through. Once I received my track scholarship to UNLV (GO Rebels!!!), I had NO time to do any scrapbooking. I did, however, find a few stores here and there to stock up my supply of course. I was lucky enough to manage a find days here and there to document some of the amazing experiences I had while in Vegas that I treasure to this day.
Now that I am back in WA, amongst my family and friends I have a yearning to gift them treasured memories. My BFF, Jaime, and I have tried to open up a scrapbook store but due to the state of the economy have been unable to. So, I have been focusing on developing my digi-scrap abilities. I have had some successes but I have also found a lot of frustration in learning the trick and tools of the trade. Which leads me to the first purpose of this blog. To help you help yourself.
Purpose of the Sporadic Scrapper Blog:
- Provide you the reader with tricks and tools to help you help yourself.
- To post on other blogs that either give "freebies" or have products that I think you will find useful.
- Post pictures of my own layout/projects as inspiration to you.
- Provide a place for EVERYONE to feel welcome......even if you don't have kids.
- Offer assistance to you if you have questions about a layout/project you are working on and get "scrap stumped" (new word! Like it?)
- MAYBE, a big maybe because I am still thinking about it..........offer prizes if you participate on my blog. This is still to be determined of course. But I really like the idea:)
Thanks for taking the time to get to know me and know my blog. Happy Scrappin'.
At the bottom of the blog you will find a slide show with a few past creations as well as some present day layouts/projects.